Top 10 reasons I need to keep trying.

10. I've been trying to lose weight (overall successfully) for over 10 years.
9.   I hate being fat
8.   I enjoy when I'm eating well (for the most part - let's be honest, everyone loves wolfing down a Big Mac, on occasion)
7.   I enjoy treats more when I'm eating well (Nothing beats eating clean and then once a week eating something completely delectable... like poutine.... nom nom nom).
6.   I exercise more when I'm eating well/losing weight and I have more energy
5.   I really like blogging about it and connect with others that do the same
4.   Did I mention I hate being fat?
3.   I've always wanted the day to arrive when I fit into a size 10 comfortable (I was there for a brief period  in 2008 and it was awesome).
2.   I want to have children in the somewhat near future and really want to get in shape before I get pregnant.
1.   I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding next June and I want to look fantastic (is that a completely shallow reason to want to lose weight? Maybe - but to be perfectly honest, at this point, I'm going to go with any motivation - I don't want to be "the fat chick" that ruins all the wedding pictures).

Well, since my last post I've gained weight back (are we really surprised though? It's kinda my thing - gain, then lose, then gain, then lose and so one the roller coaster goes). I'm currently sitting (like, literally, I do a lot of sitting at my job, unfortunately) at 200.3 lbs. On the bright side, that's .9lbs down from last week. I really tried to get my shit together last week, and did really well Monday and Tuesday (even did a CrossFit workout for the first time in almost a month), but come Wednesday evening I crashed, stuffing my face with cheese and crackers and tacos and butter tarts - and it was all downhill from there, for the remainder of the week. So, the fact that I lost almost a pound is fine by me.

C'mon Bloggy friends, let's do this.

P.S. Found a great website for good recipes: Against All Grain - I know, I know, you're all probably like "Geez, PPiP, we've known about this site for ages... where have you been...?" Well I've been getting plump and round - so I haven't been searching for good clean recipe sites.... give me a break on this one? Anyhow, I'm making this tonight!

Comments

  1. Woohoo! So glad you are back. I just can back myself recently, and seriously could have wrote our post myself.... Well except for the crossfit part. I still have yet to get moving. All your reasons for weight loss though... I'm right there with you. I want babies too soon. Let's be there for each other shall we?! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... Darn auto correct. Sorry for the typos. I should have proof read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting your blog again and wondering how you are doing. I could have written that post myself. I am also losing weight for a number of the same reasons as you (ie. I want a baby/I'm going to be a bridesmaid/I hate being fat etc..etc..) I'm doing better than when I posted before (finally getting my butt moving) but it's still hard. Come back and we can cheer each other on. I hope you are doing well and life is just keeping you away. You said you like blogging so here's hoping you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts