3 Day old Salad... not so tasty

I agree with this completely. I just need to start sweating
more often... 2x a week isn't going to cut it!
It's not that the salad had gone bad, by any means, but it just didn't taste amazing like it did on day 1. I had this marvelous idea to make a whole ton of berry and goat cheese salad 3 days ago. My thought process was, that if I made it all in advance, I could quickly grab it out of the fridge when I got hungry - prep is the one thing I hate about salads. Prep takes so long and there's so many things you need to pull out of the fridge, and cop up - blah, I just can't be bothered. If I'm making a full meal, no problem - prep is part of the deal, but just to throw a lunch together? C'mon.
Anyway, I thought my idea was fantastic, but today I went in and grabbed some salad, threw some dressing on it and... meah. It was fine, it was edible, but it was nowhere near its incredible deliciousness that it was a few days ago. I ate it anyway... I hate wasting food.

I have a confession.
Last night I made and ate pizza. I asked my bf what he wanted for dinner and the first word out of his mouth was Pizza. *UGH*, I thought to myself. He knows I'm trying to eat better, and said that we didn't have to do pizza, but it had been ages since we had pizza and there was two things that I promised myself going into this was that I wasn't going to do - 1. Was completely cut certain foods out (ex. pizza) as cutting foods out all together doesn't work for me. 2. Was that I was going to give myself some leniency - full well knowing that it will take longer to lose weight, but I'd rather do it slow and right then cut calories too much and over exert myself too often (like I've done in the past). I want this to last this time. I don't want to drop 30lbs in 4 months and then gain it all back the following year.

I think I'm finally learning how to do this whole weight loss thing right. I finally, for the first time ever, feel like I can lose weight and enjoy living life (which I've never been able to do before).

Comments

Popular Posts