The Past Few Days in Pictures

Less reading , more looking. Here are the past 3 days in pictures.

My weight on Saturday morning - June 22nd. Oie.

Breakfast Saturday morning - Cherry Yogurt with All Bran
and a strawberry/mango/banana protein smoothie
HA HA HA. This made me laugh. Found it at Jack Sh*t's Pinterest Site
Saturday afternoon craft project with my friend S.
Built the planter box to  match my stairs, then filled it with flowers!
SAturday night dinner to thank S for helping me build the planter.
Steak, mushrooms, double stuffed potatoes and berry salad! It was a "to die for" meal.
Sunday morning Breakfast - another smoothie (strawberry/raspberry/blueberry) and
greek yogurt with berries, chia seeds and a drizzle of unpasteurized honey.
I've taken a liking to the breakfast - the smoothie, yogurt combo. Sunday I had steak again (which I never do 2 nights in a row) but it was my mum's birthday, and I told her I'd make whatever she wanted. Last night was a quick bbq'd chicken breast with grilled veggies, a salad and a small portion of rice.

I went to Cf last night, it was a hot one (almost 40 degrees C with the humidex). Workout for the day was Fran - 21 Thrusters, 21 pull ups, 15 thrusters, 15 pull ups, 9 thrusters, 9 pull ups as fast as you can. I got halfway through my 15 pull ups and did this:
Tore my callous off :(
I had callouses that had ripped a bit from the mud run that I did last weekend, and my hands couldn't take the pull up bar. So, I had to switch to the TRX ropes and do chest rows with them.

All in all it's been a really good few days. I'm doing my best to make healthy choices, but also not completely beating myself up when I have a sweet treat (like the angel food cake and wine on sunday for mum's birthday).

And lastly! I saw this on The Berry the other day, under a daily motivation post and it really hit home.

There have been a lot of things that I've thought were impossible and then have done (a lot of my CF workouts, the mud run I did  and going through a separation from my husband. A lot of things seem impossible, but if you just go head first and do them, you soon realize that it may not be easy, but it's always worth it. That's how I feel this time round. Losing my extra lbs won't be easy and it won't be fast, but the time is going to go by regardless if I'm gaining or losing, so I may as well put the effort in and do my best to feel good about myself.


Comments

Popular Posts