Weight Loss vs. Weekends

Me and my mum at Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo
Dolls Concert!
It's now been just over a week that I decided to re-dedicate (is that even a word?) myself to focusing on dropping some lbs. One of the big reasons I want to lose weight (other than the obvious: to look smokin' hot), is because I really really really really really want to advance in CrossFit. I really really want to do a competition one year and I won't be able to do that until I drop some weight. At CF, one of my biggest challenges is... well, anything that involves me holding onto a bar (pull ups, toes to bar, knees to elbows etc). One of the reasons that these movements are so hard for me is because I have so much extra weight on me that isn't comprised of muscle, bone, tissue... it's Fat. Good for (almost) nothing fat.

So I've realised (now that I've been CFing for over a year) that I really need to drop weight if I really want to dedicate myself to it, which I do. This has given me another facet to my motivation. My goals aren't strictly based on looks anymore, I want to excel at CF, I want to compete, and just once I don't want to be the last one done the WOD. I know I can do it, I just need to keep reminding myself that I didn't gain this weight in a couple weeks (or months) so I'm not going to lose it that fast either.

This weekend was a long weekend (Canada Day!) and I had a great, relaxing weekend. Saturday I went to CF, then took a nice hike out back behind my house. There are some great snow mobile trails out there which make for perfect hiking trails in the summer!
So quiet, there's very few people that
use these trails.
Saturday night I went out to dinner with the bf, and had a delicious meal - Phyllo wrapped brie, lamb =bolognese with penne and goat cheese and lavender creme brulee to top it off! It was out of this world. Maybe the best part was that I didn't feel one bit guilty for having it! I worked my butt off all last week to allow for a little indulgence come the weekend.

Sunday was an amazing day, although the weather wasn't fantastic, I went out on my friends boat and spent the day enjoying the water. It was a little chilly when we were going at high speeds, but it was a fantastic day!
I've been friends with this girl for over 25 years!!!
We had an awesome time. We stopped at this restaurant that's on the water, ordered fish and chips (pan fried fish) and split it between us - it was delicious. Topped the evening off with an egg salad sandwich and (dare I say it) chips and dip (yikes). Ok, so I felt a little guilty for having the fish and chips followed by chips and dip, but I'll make up for it.
Monday came and I went back to CF and did w lovely partner WOD, which was amazing - I had so much fun and the 15 mins flew by! Then I came home and cleaned my house! I love that feeling after just finishing cleaning the house.
I have a really hard time on the weekends with food. I'm fine when I'm by myself, I can control myself easily, but when I get around other people, I find it really hard to eat clean and restrict my portions. This is why weekends give me such trouble. But, I think I've figured it out. This weekend I did my best to eat clean food and small portions while I was alone, so as to "save" my food consumption for when I was socializing. It worked pretty well this weekend, and we'll see what the scale says come next Saturday.

Anyway, that was my weekend - had a lot of fun and was really productive, too!

Comments

Popular Posts